I’m heading down south to London tonight, for just over a week. It’s my first time in London since a quick stopover on the way to Iceland in February 2011, so I’m very eager to visit one of my favourite cities once again.
Here are a few ideas on my wish list of Things To Do in London:
- Admire Big Ben – particularly when it’s dark. Big Ben is probably my favourite London landmark – it’s so grand and beautiful. (And yes, I know that Big Ben technically refers to the bell and not the clock tower! But you know what I mean.)
- Research trips to the National Archives and the British Library – hopefully productive trips
- A show or two (Les Misérables is the top one on my list – even if it will be the fifth time I’ll be watching it…)
- A few good restaurants – now, I can’t afford “good” restaurants, but at least I want some good (maybe even one-of-a-kind) food. I wonder if I can find puffin in London…
- Spitalfields market
- Eat Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi food on Brick Lane
- The National Portrait Gallery (always.)
- Maybe take a dip in a pool?
- Preview the Olympic madness
- Drink some obscure cider at pubs outside the centre
- Or else we could just visit every single Sam Smith pub in London
- Spend some quality time sauntering around parks
- Go on the Thames in a boat (like THE QUEEN)
- Borough market
- The Imperial War Museum (probably my favourite museum ever, and I haven’t been in YEARS)
- Beautiful book stores
- Eat a cupcake from a Hummingbird Bakery shop
*so excited* Send me more suggestions if you have any! As you can see, I’m a history nerd who likes food, books, and cupcakes.